The Rugby World Cup 2023 is set to witness a thrilling clash between two rugby giants, South Africa and Scotland. Here’s your complete guide to this epic encounter:
When is South Africa vs. Scotland?
Circle the date on your calendar: Sunday, September 10, is when Springboks will take on Scotland in one of the most anticipated matches of the Rugby World Cup 2023.
Where is South Africa vs. Scotland?
The stage for this battle of the titans is set at the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille, France. This iconic stadium promises an electric atmosphere for the encounter.
What Time is Kick-Off?
Set your alarms for a thrilling afternoon of rugby as kick-off is scheduled for 5:45p.m. local / 1:45a.m. / 4:45p.m. GMT.
What TV Channel is South Africa vs. Scotland On?
For viewers following the game on television, here are the channels broadcasting the Springboks vs. Scotland match:
- SuperSport (South Africa)
- TF1 Group (France)
- ESPN LATIN AMERICA (Argentina)
- ITV, ITVX (United Kingdom)
- RTE and Virgin (Ireland)
- TVR (Romania)
- Rai (Italy)
- Namibia Broadcasting Corporation (NBC)
- France 2 (France)
- SuperSport (South Africa)
- Sky Sports (New Zealand)
- Stan Sport (Australia)
- TSN (Canada)
- NBC (USA)
How to Live Stream South Africa vs. Scotland Online?
If you prefer online streaming, several OTT (Over-The-Top) video streaming services have you covered:
- Peacock TV: Stream the match live on Peacock TV. Subscriptions start at $4.99 per month with ads or $9.99 per month without ads.
- RugbyPass TV: RugbyPass TV is another option for streaming the game. Subscription prices may vary by region.
- FuboTV: FuboTV offers live streaming and starts at $64.99 per month.
- SlingTV: SlingTV also includes channels broadcasting the match. Pricing depends on the package you choose.
- DirecTV Stream: DirecTV Stream provides online streaming of the match. Pricing depends on the package.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV offers live streaming at a monthly subscription price of $64.99.
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu + Live TV is another option, starting at $64.99 per month.
- ITVX: Stream the match on ITVX, but check subscription prices as they may vary.
South Africa vs. Scotland Live Stream from Anywhere
If you are outside of the country where the match is being broadcast, you can use a VPN to watch the live stream. A VPN encrypts your internet traffic and routes it through a server in another country, which allows you to bypass geo-restrictions.
Here’s a simple guide on how to do it:
- Choose a reputable VPN service provider.
- Install the VPN on your device and connect to a server in a region where the game is being broadcast.
- Visit your chosen streaming service and enjoy the match as if you were in that region.
Here are some popular VPNs:
How to Listen to South Africa vs. Scotland?
If you prefer listening to the exciting commentary, you can tune in via radio or online services:
- SAfm (South Africa)
- BBC Radio (Scotland)
- Triple M (Australia)
- RTE Radio (Ireland)
- RFI (France)
- Radio Romania (Romania)
- RaiPlay (Italy)
- NBC (Namibia)
- BBC Radio 5 Live (UK)
- TalkSport (UK)
- RFI (France)
- SuperSport Radio (South Africa)
- Radio New Zealand (New Zealand)
- ESPN Radio (USA)
In this match, Angus Gardner from Australia takes charge the role of the referee. Gardner has officiated notable games, including South Africa’s win over England at Twickenham, where he issued a red card to Thomas du Toit, and Scotland’s victorious Six Nations encounter against Italy.
The South Africa team is led by captain Siya Kolisi. Other key players for Springboks include Handre Pollard, Bongi Mbonambi, and Pieter-Steph du Toit.
The South Africa line-ups for the Scotland is as follows:
- Damian Willemse
- Kurt-Lee Arendse
- Jesse Kriel
- Damian de Allende
- Cheslin Kolbe
- Manie Libbok
- Faf de Klerk
- Jasper Wiese
- Pieter-Steph du Toit
- Siya Kolisi (captain)
- Franco Mostert
- Eben Etzebeth
- Frans Malherbe
- Malcolm Marx
- Steven Kitshoff
- Bongi Mbonambi
- Ox Nche
- Trevor Nyakane
- RG Snyman
- Marco van Staden
- Duane Vermeulen
- Grant Williams
- Willie le Roux
The Scotland team is led by captain Jamie Ritchie with Zander Fagerson and Cherry named vice-captains. Other key players for Scotland include Gray, Gilchrist, Nel, Ritchie, Fagerson and Price.
The Scotland line-ups for the South Africa is as follows:
- Scotland will confirm their line-ups closer to kick-off
The clash between South Africa and Scotland at the Rugby World Cup 2023 promises to be an unforgettable spectacle. Whether you’re watching on TV, streaming online, or listening to the commentary, prepare for an afternoon of top-tier rugby action.