The Rugby World Cup 2023 is not just about the giants of the sport; it’s also about the matchups that promise to deliver intense rugby action. One such clash to look forward to is Italy vs. Namibia. Here’s all the essential information to ensure you don’t miss a moment of this thrilling encounter.
When is Italy vs. Namibia?
The match will kick off at 1p.m. local time (9p.m. AEST / 12p.m. GMT / 11:00am BST). This is when Italy will face Namibia in a battle for supremacy at the Rugby World Cup 2023.
Where is Italy vs. Namibia?
The match will be held at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard in Saint-Étienne, France. This historic venue is known for its passionate rugby atmosphere and will provide the perfect backdrop for this showdown.
What TV Channel is Italy vs. Namibia On?
For those tuning in on TV, here are the channels broadcasting the Italy vs. Namibia match:
- TF1 Group (France)
- Rai (Italy)
- Namibia Broadcasting Corporation (NBC)
- ITV (UK)
- France 2 (France)
- SuperSport (South Africa)
- Sky Sports (New Zealand)
- Stan Sport (Australia)
- TSN (Canada)
- NBC (USA)
How to Live Stream Italy vs. Namibia Online
If you prefer to stream the match online, several OTT (Over-The-Top) video streaming services have got you covered:
- Peacock TV: Peacock TV will provide live streaming of the match. You can subscribe to Peacock TV for a monthly fee of $4.99 with ads or $9.99 without ads.
- RugbyPass TV: RugbyPass TV is another option for streaming the game. Subscription prices may vary by region.
- FuboTV: FuboTV will offer live streaming as well. Their subscription plans start at $64.99 per month.
- SlingTV: SlingTV also includes channels broadcasting the match. Subscription prices vary based on the package you choose.
- DirecTV Stream: DirecTV Stream will allow you to stream the game online. Pricing depends on the package you select.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV offers live streaming of the match. The monthly subscription price is $64.99.
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu + Live TV will also have the game available for streaming. Their subscription starts at $64.99 per month.
Italy vs. Namibia Live Stream from Anywhere
If you’re in a location where these streaming services are geo-blocked, you can use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access them. Choose a VPN service, connect to a server in a location where the service is available, and enjoy the match as if you were there.
How to Listen to Italy vs. Namibia?
For those who prefer to listen to the exciting commentary, you can tune in via radio or online services:
- RaiPlay (Italy): Italian fans can listen to the live commentary on RaiPlay.
- NBC (Namibia): Namibian fans can stay connected with NBC for live commentary and expert analysis of the game.
- BBC Radio 5 Live (UK): The BBC Radio is a trusted source for live sports commentary, including rugby matches.
- RFI (France)
- SuperSport Radio (South Africa)
- Radio New Zealand (New Zealand)
- ESPN Radio (USA)
Italy and Namibia will face off in their opening match of the Rugby World Cup 2023. Italy are the higher-ranked team, currently sitting at 12th in the world, while Namibia are ranked 20th. However, Namibia have a good record against Italy, having won two of their last three meetings.
Italy will be looking to start their campaign with a win and put their disappointing 2019 World Cup behind them. They have a strong team, led by captain Michele Lamaro, and will be confident of beating Namibia.
Namibia will be the underdogs, but they will not be without their chances. They have a physical pack and some dangerous runners in the back line. If they can get their game plan right, they could spring an upset.
This is a match that Italy should win, but they cannot afford to take Namibia lightly. A slip-up could derail their World Cup campaign.
The Italy line-ups for the Namibia is as follows:
- Tommaso Allan
- Ange Capuozzo
- Juan Ignacio Brex
- Luca Morisi
- Montanna Ioane
- Paolo Garbisi
- Stephen Varney
- Lorenzo Cannone
- Michele Lamaro (c)
- Sebastian Negri
- Federico Ruzza
- Dino Lamb
- Simone Ferrari
- Giacomo Nicotera
- Danilo Fischetti
- Hame Faiva
- Ivan Nemer
- Marco Riccioni
- David Sisi
- Manuel Zuliani
- Martin Page-Relo
- Paolo Odogwu
- Pierre Bruno
The Namibia line-ups for the Italy is as follows:
- Divan Rossouw
- Gerswin Mouton
- Johan Deysel (captain)
- Danco Burger
- JC Greyling
- Tiaan Swanepoel
- Damian Stevens
- Richard Hardwick
- Johan Retief
- Wian Conradie
- Tjiuee Uanivi
- Adriaan Ludick
- Aranos Coetzee
- Torsten van Jaarsveld
- Desiderius Sethie
- Louis van der Westhuizen
- Jason Benade
- Casper Viviers
- Tiaan de Klerk
- Prince Gaoseb
- Jacques Theron
- Andre van der Berg
- Le Roux Malan
The match is expected to be a one-sided affair, with Italy the clear favorites. However, Namibia will be looking to cause an upset and make their mark on the tournament.
The match will be a must-watch for all rugby fans. It is sure to be a thrilling contest, and it could be a preview of the final.