The excitement is building as the Rugby World Cup 2023 kicks into high gear, bringing with it thrilling matches and intense showdowns. One such match that rugby enthusiasts around the world are eagerly anticipating is the clash between the South African Springboks and Romania. If you’re looking forward to catching this epic battle, here’s everything you need to know about how to watch Springboks vs. Romania live online from anywhere in the world.
When is South Springboks vs. Romania?
The highly-anticipated match between the Springboks and Romania is scheduled to take place on 17th September 2023. Mark your calendars and set your alarms, as this is a rugby showdown you won’t want to miss.
Where is South Springboks vs. Romania?
The venue for this exciting contest is the Stade de Bordeaux in Bordeaux, France. With a capacity of 42,115, this stadium promises an electrifying atmosphere that will make the game all the more captivating.
What time is Springboks vs. Romania kick-off?
The kick-off time for the Springboks vs. Romania match is set for 15:00 local time. Make sure to adjust your schedules accordingly to catch every thrilling moment of the game.
What TV channel is Springboks vs. Romania On?
If you prefer to watch the match on television, here are the channels where you can tune in based on your location:
- USA: NBC will be broadcasting the game live. For those in the United States, ensure you check your local NBC listings to catch the action.
- UK: In the United Kingdom, you can watch the match on ITV or S4C. Be sure to check your local listings for specific channel numbers and coverage details.
- South Africa: For fans in South Africa, SUPERSPORT is the go-to channel for live coverage of the Springboks vs. Romania clash. Check your local listings for channel information.
- Romania: If you’re in Romania, you can watch the match on either Digisport or ORANGE SPORT. Ensure you have access to these channels for the live broadcast.
For additional TV listings and broadcasters in other regions, you can refer to the official Rugby World Cup 2023 website here.
How to Watch Springboks vs. Romania Live Online?
In today’s digital age, catching the game online has become increasingly popular. Here are some online streaming options based on your location:
- United States: Rugby fans in the United States can use streaming platforms like FuboTV, SlingTV, Peacock, DirecTV Stream, or Hulu + Live TV to stream the match live. Each platform may offer free trials or subscription packages, so choose the one that suits your preferences and budget.
- United Kingdom: For viewers in the United Kingdom, ITVX is a reliable streaming option. Visit the ITV website for subscription details.
- Selected Locations: Some regions offer RUGBYPASS TV for streaming selected matches. Check if your location is included in this service for access.
- Japan: If you’re in Japan, you can watch the game on DAZAN. Ensure you have a subscription and access to this platform.
- United States: Additionally, you can explore YouTube TV as an option for streaming the match live.
Ways to Stream Springboks vs. Romania Online from Anywhere
For those who might be traveling or living in regions where access to the above-mentioned streaming services is restricted, using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a viable solution. A VPN can help you bypass geographical restrictions and watch the match from anywhere in the world. Simply choose a VPN service, connect to a server in a location where the streaming service is available, and enjoy the game as if you were there.
Who is the Referee?
The man in charge of officiating this intense rugby battle is Mathieu Raynal from France. As an experienced referee, he will ensure the match is conducted fairly and according to the rules of the game.
Willie Le Roux, Grant Williams, Canan Moodie, Andre Esterhuizen, Makazole Mapimpi, Damian Willemse, Cobus Reinach, Duane Vermeulen, Kwagga Smith, Marco van Staden, Marvin Orie, Jean Kleyn, Vincent Koch, Mbongeni Mbonambi (captain), Ox Nche.
Replacements: Jesse Kriel, Faf de Klerk, Jaden Hendrikse, Jasper Wiese, RG Snyman, Trevor Nyakane, Steven Kitshoff, Deon Fourie.
Marius Simionescu, Tevita Manumua, Jason Tomane, Taylor Gontineac, Nicolas Onutu, Hinckley Vaovasa, Gabriel Rupanu, Cristian Chirica (captain), Vlad Neculau, Andre Gorin, Marius Iftimiciuc, Adrian Motoc, Alexandru Gordas, Ovidiu Cojocaru, Iulian Hartig.
Replacements: Robert Irimescu, Alexandru Savin, Thomas Cretu, Stefan Iancu, Damian Stratila, Cristi Boboc, Alin Conache, Gabriel Pop.
Springboks vs Romania Rugby World Cup 2023 Preview
The Springboks have undergone a significant makeover, implementing 14 changes to their lineup. Damian Willemse is the lone player retaining his position, albeit switching from fullback to fly-half. This transformation exemplifies Jacques Nienaber’s emphasis on versatility within his squad. Notably, there are four scrum-halves within the group: Grant Williams on the wing, Cobus Reinach in the scrum-half role, Jaden Hendrikse on the bench, and the unconventional choice of Faf de Klerk, primarily a No. 9, now covering the fly-half position.
Nienaber, in discussing the decision to field De Klerk at fly-half, emphasized the opportunity rather than any disrespect towards Romania. He highlighted De Klerk’s training in this role and the desire to test his abilities in a high-pressure test match at the pivotal position of 10.
Despite facing the setback of Malcolm Marx’s injury, the team has not yet called up a replacement. Instead, Deon Fourie, typically a back-row player, will provide backup from the bench. The Springboks are committed to the task at hand and refrain from dwelling on future games in the competition.
Nienaber expressed that contemplating future matches would not only be disrespectful to their current players but also to their opponents. They view the decision to experiment with positions as a well-calculated move, rooted in their confidence in the training and abilities of the selected players. They firmly believe that these individuals are more than capable of overcoming their opposition.
Don’t miss out on the adrenaline-pumping action as the Springboks take on Romania in the Rugby World Cup 2023. Whether you’re watching on TV or streaming online, this is sure to be a rugby spectacle you’ll remember. So, gather your friends and family, put on your team jerseys, and get ready to cheer for your favorite side in this epic clash of skill and determination.