The Gallagher Premiership Rugby season is back in full swing, and on Sunday 15th October, two of the league’s most exciting teams will go head-to-head as Sale Sharks host Northampton Saints.
Both sides are looking to build on strong starts to the season, and with a number of international stars on display, it promises to be a thrilling encounter.
Sale Sharks vs Northampton Saints Match Details
Date: Sunday 15th October 2023
Venue: The AJ Bell Stadium, Manchester
TV: Live on TNT Sports
Referee: Adam Leal
Assistant Referees: Neil Chivers, Ryan Collier
TMO: Andrew Jackson
Sale Sharks: 15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Sam James, 12. Sam Bedlow, 11. Tom O’Flaherty, 10. Rob du Preez ©, 9. Raffi Quirke; 1. Si McIntyre, 2. Tommy Taylor, 3. Nick Schonert, 4. Ernst van Rhyn, 5. Jonny Hill, 6. JL du Preez, 7. Sam Dugdale, 8. Dan du Preez.
Replacements: 16. Ethan Caine, 17. Ross Harrison, 18. James Harper, 19. Cobus Wiese, 20. Josh Beaumont, 21. Gus Warr, 22. Tom Curtis, 23. Arron Reed.
Northampton Saints: 15. George Hendy, 14. Tommy Freeman, 13. Fraser Dingwall (c), 12. Rory Hutchinson, 11. James Ramm, 10. Fin Smith, 9. Tom James, 1. Ethan Waller, 2. Curtis Langdon, 3. Trevor Davison, 4. Alex Moon, 5. Alex Coles, 6. Angus Scott-Young, 7. Tom Pearson, 8. Sam Graham
Replacements: 16. Robbie Smith, 17. Alex Waller, 18. Elliot Millar Mills, 19. Tom Lockett, 20. Chunya Munga, 21. Archie McParland, 22. James Grayson, 23. Tom Seabrook
- Joe Carpenter made a total of 1,249 metres last season – more than any other player. He also scored seven tries, second only to Tom Roebuck in the Sharks’ squad.
- Gus Warr made more kicks in play than any other player in the 2022/23 season (157). His average kick distance was 26 metres and 15% of his kicks were retained.
- Sale Sharks boasted the highest rate of tackle dominance in the league last season: 8.1% of their tackles were dominant. The gainline success of their opposition was a league-low 39%.
- Juarno Augustus made most post-contact metres than any other player last season, a total of 312 and an average of 1.8 per carry. He also beat more defenders than any other forward (57), an average of 4 per 80 minutes.
- Alex Moon completed a total of 245 tackles last season – more than any other player in the league.
- Northampton scored a league-high average of 4.1 tries per 80 minutes last season. However, they also conceded more tries per 80 minutes than any other team (4.3).
In the Premiership Rugby Cup this season, George Hendy has made more metres than any other player (412) and has also made ten clean breaks – just one shy of the leader in the competition.
How to Watch the Sale Sharks vs Northampton Saints Live Stream
If you are unable to attend the match in person, you can watch the live stream on TNT Sports. TNT Sports is available on a variety of platforms, including BT TV, Sky TV, and Virgin Media.