The two most successful teams in Rugby World Cup history, New Zealand and South Africa, will meet in the 2023 final at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis on Sunday, October 29th. Both teams are seeking their fourth World Cup title, and a victory would be a major achievement for either side.
New Zealand vs South Africa Match Details
- What: Rugby World Cup 2023 Final
- Matchup: New Zealand vs South Africa
- WORLD RANKING: New Zealand (2nd), South Africa (1st)
- Time: Sunday, October 29th, 2023, 21:00 Local Time, 3 PM ET, 6 AM AEDT, 8 PM UK
- Stadium: Stade de France, Saint-Denis
- Capacity: 80,000
- Referee: Wayne Barnes (United Kingdom)
How to watch New Zealand vs South Africa free
The New Zealand vs South Africa match will be broadcast live on ITV in the UK. However, if you’re not in the UK, you can still watch the match live using ITV and ExpressVPN. ITV is a geo-restricted service, which means that you can only watch it from within the UK. If you are not in the UK, you will need to use a VPN to connect to a UK server in order to watch ITV.
To watch New Zealand vs South Africa free using ITV + ExpressVPN, you will need to:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
- Connect to a UK server.
- Go to the ITV website and create an account (if you don’t already have one).
- Stream the match live on ITV.
Here are the detailed steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is a premium VPN provider that offers a variety of features, including fast speeds, reliable connections, and a wide range of server locations. You can subscribe to ExpressVPN on a monthly or yearly basis.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device. ExpressVPN has apps for all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and smart TVs.
- Connect to a UK server. Once you have installed the ExpressVPN app, open it and connect to a UK server. This will give you a UK IP address, which will allow you to access ITV.
- Go to the ITV website and create an account (if you don’t already have one). Once you are connected to a UK server, go to the ITV website and create an account. You will need to provide your name, email address, and a password.
- Stream the match live on ITV. Once you have created an account, you can stream the match live on ITV. To do this, go to the ITV website and click on the “Live TV” tab. The match will be listed under the “Sport” category.
ExpressVPN is a great option for watching New Zealand vs South Africa free using ITV. It is a fast and reliable VPN provider with servers in over 90 countries. ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
New Zealand vs South Africa Team News
NEW ZEALAND Beauden Barrett; Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, Jordie Barrett, Mark Tele’a; Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ethan de Groot, Codie Taylor, Tyrel Lomax; Brodie Retallick, Scott Barrett; Shannon Frizell, Sam Cane (captain), Ardie Savea
Replacements: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Tamaiti Williams, Nepo Laulala, Samuel Whitelock, Dalton Papali’i, Finlay Christie, Damian McKenzie, Anton Lienert-Brown
- Ian Foster has named the same team that beat England in the semi-final, with Ardie Savea and Beauden Barrett continuing to start at number eight and fly-half respectively.
- The All Blacks have a strong pack, led by Brodie Retallick and Sam Whitelock. They also have a dangerous backline, with Damian McKenzie and Will Jordan.
SOUTH AFRICA Damian Willemse; Kurt-Lee Arendse, Jesse Kriel, Damian de Allende, Cheslin Kolbe; Handré Pollard, Faf de Klerk; Steven Kitshoff, Mbongeni Mbonambi, Frans Malherbe; Eben Etzebeth, Franco Mostert; Siya Kolisi (captain), Pieter-Steph Du Toit, Duane Vermeulen
Replacements: Deon Fourie, Ox Nche, Trevor Nyakane, Jean Kleyn, RG Snyman, Kwagga Smith, Jasper Wiese, Willie Le Roux
- Jacques Nienaber has also named an unchanged team from the semi-final, with Eben Etzebeth and Siya Kolisi continuing to start at lock and captain respectively.
- The Springboks have a powerful pack, led by Etzebeth and Pieter-Steph du Toit. They also have a dangerous backline, with Cheslin Kolbe and Makazole Mapimpi.
New Zealand vs South Africa Preview
The match is likely to be a close and tight affair, with both teams evenly matched. New Zealand have a slight advantage in terms of experience, having won the World Cup three times. However, South Africa are the defending champions and they have a lot of momentum behind them.
The key to the match could be the battle in the forwards. New Zealand have a very strong pack, but South Africa are even stronger. If the Springboks can dominate the forwards, they will be in a good position to win the match.
Another key factor in the match will be the kicking of Handre Pollard and Beauden Barrett. Both players are excellent kickers, and they could play a decisive role in the match.
Overall, the New Zealand vs South Africa Rugby World Cup 2023 final is sure to be a thrilling match. Both teams are world-class and they will be giving it their all to win the title.
New Zealand 23-19 South Africa
New Zealand are the favorites for the match, but South Africa are a dangerous team. If the Springboks can play to their full potential, they will be a match for anyone. However, I think New Zealand’s experience and match-winners will give them the edge.