The Rugby World Cup 2023 continues to deliver exciting matchups, and the clash between Ireland and Tonga is a highlight for rugby fans around the world. With Ireland ranked as the number one team and Tonga ranked 15th, this promises to be a thrilling encounter. If you’re eager to catch this game, here’s everything you need to know about how to watch Ireland vs Tonga live online from anywhere.
When and Where
- When: The Ireland vs Tonga match is scheduled for 16th September 2023.
- Where: The game will take place at the Stade de la Beaujoire in Nantes, France, with a seating capacity of 35,322 enthusiastic rugby fans.
- Kick-off Time: Mark your calendars for 21:00 Local Time to witness the kickoff.
Watch On TV
For those who prefer to watch the game on TV, here’s where you can tune in based on your location:
- USA: You can catch the game on NBC. (More on how to access NBC in the United States below.)
- UK: Fans in the United Kingdom can enjoy the action on ITV or S4C.
- Ireland: For viewers in Ireland, the match will be broadcast on RTE and VIRGIN.
- Tonga: Tonga Broadcasting Commission will air the game in Tonga, and you can also watch it on DIGICEL TV.
For more TV listings and global coverage, you can visit Rwcglobally.com/tv-rights.
How to Watch Online
In the digital age, online streaming offers convenience. Here are some options for online streaming services:
- FuboTV: FuboTV is a popular choice in the United States, offering live sports coverage, including NBC. FuboTV offers a free trial, so you can try it out before you commit to a subscription.
- SlingTV: SlingTV is another live TV streaming service that offers NBC. SlingTV offers a variety of subscription plans, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Peacock: Peacock is NBC’s streaming service, which might provide access to the game. Peacock is free with ads, or you can subscribe to a premium plan for ad-free viewing and exclusive content. Be sure to check if it’s included in your subscription.
- DirecTV Stream: DirecTV Stream is a live TV streaming service that offers a variety of channels, including NBC. DirecTV Stream offers a free trial, so you can try it out before you commit to a subscription.
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu + Live TV is a live TV streaming service that offers a variety of channels, including NBC. Hulu + Live TV also offers access to Hulu’s on-demand library of TV shows and movies.
- ITVX: ITVX is a free streaming service from ITV that offers a variety of content, including live sports. You can sign up for a free account to watch ITVX.
- RUGBYPASS TV: (Selected locations and selected matches): RUGBYPASS TV is a streaming service that offers live and on-demand rugby coverage from around the world. RUGBYPASS TV offers a subscription plan, but you can also sign up for a free trial.
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV is a live TV streaming service that offers a variety of channels, including NBC. YouTube TV offers a free trial, so you can try it out before you commit to a subscription.
- DAZAN: If you’re in Japan, DAZAN could be your go-to streaming service for rugby matches. DAZN is a streaming service that offers a variety of sports content, including live rugby matches. DAZN offers a subscription plan.
For a comprehensive list of TV streaming services and options, you can visit Rwcglobally.com.
How to Watch from Anywhere Using VPNs
If you’re in a location where access to these streaming services is restricted, you can use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to bypass these restrictions and watch the game as if you were in a different location. Here’s a simplified guide on how to do it:
- Choose a VPN Service: Select a reputable VPN service provider. Some popular choices include ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and CyberGhost.
- Install and Connect: Download the VPN app on your device, install it, and connect to a server in a location where the streaming service is available. For example, if you want to access a US-based service, connect to a US server.
- Access the Streaming Service: Once connected to the VPN server, visit the streaming service’s website or app. You should now be able to access the content as if you were in the chosen location.
- Enjoy the Game: Sit back, relax, and enjoy the Ireland vs Tonga rugby match from anywhere in the world.
The match will be officiated by Wayne Barnes from the United Kingdom, ensuring a fair and thrilling contest between Ireland and Tonga.
Hugo Keenan; Mack Hansen, Garry Ringrose, Bundee Aki, James Lowe; Johnny Sexton (capt), Conor Murray; Caelan Doris, Josh van der Flier, Peter O’Mahony, James Ryan, Tadhg Beirne, Tadhg Furlong, Rónan Kelleher, Andrew Porter,
Replacements: Rob Herring, Dave Kilcoyne, Finlay Bealham, Iain Henderson, Ryan Baird, Craig Casey, Ross Byrne, Robbie Henshaw.
Charles Piutau, Afusipa Taumoepeau, Malakai Fekitoa, Pita Ahki, Solomone Kata, Otumaka Mausia, Augustine Pulu; Vaea Fifita, Sione Talitui, Tanginoa Halaifonua, Leva Fifita, Sam Lousi, Ben Tameifuna (captain), Paula Ngauamo, Siegfried Fisi’ihoi
Replacements: Sam Moli, Tau Kolomatangi, Sosefo Apikotoa, Steve Mafi, Solomone Funaki, Sione Vailanu, Sonatane Takul, Fine Inisi.
Ireland vs. Tonga Rugby World Cup 2023 Preview
On Saturday, Ireland has opted for a cautious approach against Tonga by fielding what is essentially their strongest lineup, despite the looming challenge of facing South Africa next weekend. This decision reflects their respect for Tonga, who have recently bolstered their squad with former All Blacks Malakai Fekitoa, Vaea Fifita, and Charles Piutau.
Last week, Ireland got off to a somewhat slow start but eventually secured a commanding victory over Romania, who struggled in the heat. It served as a positive warm-up for Andy Farrell’s team, but they recognize the need to step up their game against the physically formidable Tongan side.
Ireland’s strategy is likely to focus on dominating the set-piece, providing a stable platform that allows them to execute their fluid passing game, primarily orchestrated by captain Johnny Sexton. The one area where Tonga appears vulnerable is at the fly-half position, where Moana Pasifika’s Willie Havili has been chosen. While Havili is improving, he doesn’t quite match the caliber of Sexton.
If Tonga can exert early pressure on the scoreboard and bring their trademark physicality, they might stay competitive in the match until halftime. However, Ireland’s overall skill and quality are expected to shine through, resulting in a comfortable victory.
Don’t miss out on this exciting Rugby World Cup 2023 showdown between Ireland and Tonga. Whether you prefer to watch it on TV or stream it online, you now have all the information you need to enjoy the game from wherever you are. Get ready for an intense match that promises to showcase top-tier rugby action!